AP2006 Side Hinged Door
Operating Arm Kit
For the automation of
a pair of traditional outward
|A normal AP2006 kit
suits overall opening widths up to 3mtrs
type AP2006/HD suits openings from 3.1mtrs to 3.6mtrs
For use with any electric garage door operator having
Recommended operator: Seip TS75
The Seip TS75 operator has a very sophisticated self learning safety stop system to provide the high level of protection required on side hinged doors and also incorporates a safety stop logic reversal switch for outward opening doors to avoid the need for special modification when used on this type of door
1. Close the doors and check that the lapping edges are not jamming and that the doors are closing properly at the bottom.
Assemble the electric
operator according to the manufacturers instructions
and reverse the motor & limit switch connections so that the
motor's safety reverse function operates during door closure. (when trolley
is moving towards motor)
3. Fix the door header track bracket 20mm above the bottom edge and centrally on the door frame header.
4. Install the electric operator according to the manufacturers instructions, keeping the track horizontal.
Lay the AP2006 door
arms on the floor, swap the arms if necessary to suit door handing by
reversing the 'L' arm (the hockey stick shaped bracket) thus
enabling the shortest arm (with the longer sliding travel) to be
attached to the door that is rebated to close first.
Arms as delivered - configured for RH leaf to close first (when viewed from inside)
Arms shown reversed for LH leaf to close first (when viewed from inside)
Make a pencil mark at
the top of both doors 1 mtr. from
the hinged edge.
2. Attach the arms to the sliding trolley of the operator then fix the other ends of arms to the doors at the 1 mtr. pencil marks (using 8mm x 40mm coach-screws. Hint :- use a strap to support one arm while attaching the other arm to the door.
3. Lubricate all moving & sliding parts with oil. (engine oil recommended)
Engage and carefully
run the electric operator and set the open & close limit stop
adjustments, use the 'open' limit adjustment to set the desired
stop position when fully open, the 'close' limit adjustment should
be set to stop the motor when the doors have closed and extended the sprung
loaded door arms.
Amourelle Products, Unit 16 James
Scott Rd, Halesowen, West Midlands B63 2QT
Phone: 01384 900 264 - www.amourelle.co.uk